Quick Takeaways
  • Ford affordable cars will expand with five new models priced under USD 40,000 by the end of the decade.
  • The strategy combines new nameplates, entry-level trims, and financing programs to support dealers and buyers.
On February 4, speaking in Las Vegas at the annual NADA show, Ford executives told U.S. dealers that Ford affordable cars will play a bigger role in the company’s future lineup, following the end of production for the Escape crossover, its former entry-level nameplate. The message focused on restoring access to lower-priced options across segments.
Andrew Frick, president of Ford Blue and Model e, said five new models priced below USD 40,000 will be introduced by the end of the decade. These vehicles will span multiple powertrains and body styles, starting with a midsize electric pickup planned for 2026, reinforcing Ford’s push toward affordability and choice.

Ford affordable cars strategy and new product plans

Frick explained that the upcoming models will cover cars, trucks, SUVs, and vans, using a multi-energy approach rather than relying on a single technology. All of the vehicles will be entirely new nameplates, not redesigned versions of existing products, signaling a broader reset of the entry segment.

Multi-energy approach and pricing focus

The planned portfolio will include different propulsion options to match customer demand and cost expectations. By keeping prices under USD 40,000, Ford aims to widen its reach among value-focused buyers while maintaining flexibility across regional and segment-specific requirements.

Dealer support measures and sales outlook

To further address affordability, dealers were briefed on plans to increase the mix of entry-level trims for models such as the Explorer and Bronco. Additional efforts include stronger promotion of the certified pre-owned program, extended-term financing, a first-time buyer initiative, and newly targeted incentives for existing Escape customers.
Ford officials also outlined a positive outlook, with expectations for growth in 2026 following a stronger-than-anticipated 2025. During 2025, sales increased by 6% and market share rose by 0.6 points, with every Ford product except the Escape gaining segment share. Dealers continue to hold Escape inventory from last year and expect those vehicles to remain in the sales mix through 2026.
Company Press Release

Click above to visit the official source.

Share: